Among the most suitable and versatile objects and, at the same time, aesthetically interesting to use to create flower beds, containers for plants and flowers or real pieces of furniture for the garden, the bricks are always a good alternative to wood or other materials such as plastic or aluminum. Let’s see how can we use them to create beautiful items to include in our outdoor space.
Bricks, concrete blocks and natural stones are among the building materials most suitable for the outdoor area, allow us to realize many decorative creations for our garden and in many cases it is not even necessary to use cement to fix the pieces together; this aspect makes absolutely versatile brick and many decorative projects really accessible to anyone.
The classic industrial brick, but also blocks of different sizes, can be used to make stunning flower beds, to separate the space within an area of the garden or the vegetable and even to build beautiful benches that will decorate the lawn or the relaxation area giving to the whole environment a rustic and natural.
The bricks are extremely versatile and objects, thanks to the regular shapes, are ideal for the set up in a simple and neat garden; also they do not require a great job at labor level and therefore are also perfect for those who have great skills from the manufacturer or much time to devote to work in the garden.
We see, then, some fresh ideas and simple to make to use the bricks in our garden or on the terrace of the house.
1. Simply by placing the bricks, for example, along the perimeter area rather than in another area of the garden it is possible to create a rustic edging and perfectly defined. Ideal, for example, to separate the area from the flowery turf. A hoe, a hammer and a piece of wood are the only tools that we need.
2. Similarly you can use the arranging bricks at an angle to form a jagged line; the result will be very decorative and just as easy to obtain.
3. In the garden, the bricks can be used to separate the different crops. It is a completely functional set up and, at the same time, aesthetically attractive.
4. Using bricks from regular cut you can raise a garden area, for example, to create a great bedding, taking advantage of the perimeter walls, where cultivate green or flowering shrubs. Will not need to use the concrete, simply place the bricks on two levels in the soil by fixing well the first, the second will remain firmly only by his weight.
5. The concrete blocks are very practical to form a raised bed to grow vegetables and spices. It is also possible to exploit the natural holes present in their structure to add small crops such as, for example, strawberries or, why not, which colored flower that will decorate the entire area.
6. To give visibility to an unattractive area of the lawn you can use the bricks to create a circle at which position inside a large planter; so it surrounded be much more visible and will give an original touch to the garden.
7. We can also use bricks to create furnishing elements such as, for example, a bench that included in the relaxation area will contribute significantly staging outside; They will be highly durable furniture that does not require any maintenance. Moreover, we could take advantage of the structure of blocks to derive containers for our plants or comfortable port objects.
8. Also a barbecue or oven can be built without much effort; with a combination of bricks and natural stones or wooden panels it is possible to obtain excellent results and provide a useful element of furniture and, at the same time, very decorative.
9. To improve the appearance of the garden or the terrace you can use the red bricks to create attractive pedestals for flower pots, or a walking surface made by mixing the bricks with gravel or natural stone.
10. The concrete blocks where paintings and positioned in a creative way, they become wonderful containers for green or flowering plants; ideal for a modern style for a more rustic environment.