Design Ideas For a Deck Roof – Rooftop living is the pinnacle of urban life – there is fresh air, incredible views and outdoor living space that is so valuable in places where real estate is at a premium. If the roof is built to support it, it’s hard to imagine a reason not to design and build your oasis on the rooftop.
There are some essentials for any design panoramic terrace and an almost infinite number of possibilities, if your budget permits.
- Railings – safety is first when it comes to a rooftop terrace; 3 meters high barrier is required at least on all sides of the bridge.
- Lighting – rooftop decks are ideal for stargazing in the dark of night, but proper lighting is required to make them functional for different uses; is also a consideration, particularly for the stairs leading to the bridge.
- Wind – protection Critical to be able to enjoy the space on windy days, wind protection can be integrated with the Windward sides of the bridge railing.
- Sunscreen – Rooftops are large heat sinks; Plan for a certain type of shadow tree canopy or head to be able to enjoy space on hot summer days.
- Furniture – you will need a seat; This can be as simple as carrying a folding chair or may be conceived as part of the space, much like the interior design of your living room.
- Plants – the sky is the limit for container gardens on the roof; use screws on a Pergola for shade, dense shrubs for protection from the wind, the herbs in pots in a kitchen on the roof-or even grow a strip of turf like a putting green.
- Kitchen gear – just like a backyard patio, a rooftop terrace is a great place for a cook-out; include a picnic table at the very least, and consider a barbecue grill, mini fridge, countertop and cabinets.
- Water features – in its simplest form, a small fountain plug-ins can help drown out the noise of the city; at the other end of the spectrum, you could consider a rooftop pool (though this luxury is just being realistic is house is designed to support it).
- Fire pit – caution is advised to bring fire to the roof (which must be designed and built by a competent professional), but heat makes the space usable for several months each year and adds tons of environment; patio heaters-propane powered are another option to take off the chill, though.
Stylistic approaches to planning should be taken as a starting point, not an attitude that checks the result. Your personal sense of taste and the integration with the surrounding environment will eventually dictate design decisions, but considering different styles helps get creatives.
Clean lines, spaciousness and minimal embellishments are the keys to the modernist aesthetic. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Smooth polished concrete floor stained in a tone of cool color.
- Metal railings with a transparent glass wall to preserve vision and offer protection from wind.
- Glazed ceramic planters with samples of grasses or other architectural plants to create an orderly and refined PlantScape.
- Near the piano metal chandeliers for the night atmosphere suffused.
- An infinity pool.
Try these ideas for a roof deck with a traditional look-perfect for a rural cottage retreat at the seaside or in any house built in traditional American style.
- Painted wooden deck and railing.
- An ordinary picnic table with benches for lunch and Adirondack chairs ” for relaxation.
- Canvas tents and umbrellas for shade, especially with a striped pattern.
- Wind chimes, bird feeders, a weather vane, a weather station (thermometer and barometer) or other such accessories.
Roof terraces are commonly placed in Mediterranean-style villas, which are used for enjoyable meals and sunbathing.
- Stucco finish to the walls / windbreaks
- ‘ Mexican ‘ tile flooring
- Terracotta flower pots with herbs and traditional Mediterranean species, such as a vine, lemon bush or fig
- A stone fireplace or grill
- A tiered fountain
Roof structure and layout
In General, there are two main types of roofs-flat roofs and pitched roofs. Rooftops are also home to various utilitarian structures such as chimneys, ventilation pipes and sewage, ventilation attic features/C unit, you will have to work around in the design of a layout.
If you have a flat roof, you’re in luck, because it can serve as the surface of a bridge. In this case, the existing shape of the roof will determine the layout. Not that you have to convert the entire roof surface of useful outdoor space; You should choose the area with the best view, of course, while also considering things like wind direction and if there is a large shaft that can be used for the shadow.
A sloping roof will require a flat deck area from timber construction, similar to the construction of a bridge over the side of a house. These tend to be narrow, so you don’t have bridge hang out over the edge of the roof, but can be built until the roof to provide the desired measurement. A port can be incorporated somewhere in the roof line to provide access.
The first step to creating rooftop paradise is to check with an engineer about how much weight your roof can support and/or the possibility of strengthening in order to make possible the project. It’s definitely the type of home improvement that will require a permit and services of a licensed contractor and insured, but it’s always better to develop their own ideas in as much detail as possible before you hire a professional.