DIY Garden – Gardening is a passion that takes time and effort; those who like to take care of your garden, plants and flowers, as well as turf and all the outdoor space available to them, they know what the maintenance work should be organized and constant over time. To carry forward their passion is essential to have a space dedicated to all the typical activities of the gardener and in this context a workbench should not be without; let’s see how to make DIY garden using the pallets.
We have already discussed the great versatility of the pallets and their possible use as planters, structures for vertical cultivation, rather than real pieces of furniture for the outdoor area of the garden; These items are perfect to be transformed with ease even in the wonderful work benches, ideal for any keen gardener.
Anyone who spends time working in the garden, simply re-pots plants or creating for itself new containers, structures, decorative or functional items to add to the design of the relaxation area, rather than in the lawn or orchard, it requires a space in which to organize the various maintenance activities.
At best it is possible to design a real laboratory use to accomplish all of the gardening jobs that are undertaken in time, but many do not have the possibility to have available a tool shed arranged so as to be able to work.
In this case you must prepare at least one work table, the most practical and structured as possible, perhaps to include in a garden covered area, rather than in the back of the house, where you can devote to their activities in comfort.
The workbench that we are describing does not provide for higher expenses for its realization or a great job at project level; it is a structure entirely derived from two pallets reuse.
As you will see the design is very simple, but the result is really fantastic; a large workbench provided with a space for each tool gardening, as well as an area of comfortable and spacious support.
Installed on one side of the house, in the garage or next to the gazebo, this property will enable you to carry out small and large gardening having at your disposal all the necessary tools and a dedicated area that will certainly make more pleasant your every activity.
Let us see, then, how to make this workbench step by step.
What is needed:
- 6 large eye bolts
- 4 hinges
- Wood screws
- Eye screws small
- A long chain 2 meters
- 2 equal pallets
How to do: 1. Start by screwing the eyelet large screws as shown in the picture; this will be the pallets that will be attached to the wall, in the vertical position.
We need two screw eyes to attach the pallet to the wall and another two at the top to secure the other pallet.
A little tip: the pallet, especially if worn, will be rather dry and insert the screws into the wood may be difficult; passing the soap on the screw threads screwing will be certainly easier.
2. In pallets which will be perpendicular to the wall you put two screws in large eyelet in the position that allows the two pallets to form a 90° angle.
Among the eye screws of the vertical pallet and those of the horizontal pallet will engage the chain that will support the work bench (horizontal pallet).
3. Now bonded at the two pallets by installing the hinges. With four hinges it ensures a good stability, bearing in mind that in all probability you will end up supporting much weight on the bench during the works: tools, potting soil, pots and other objects.
4. Install the two screws in the wall eyelet large and with two pieces of chain attached to these vertical pallet so that the bench is securely attached to the wall.
5. Now screw the small eye screws along the vertical axis pallets, these are the hooks that use to always have full availability the gardening tools; positioned the screws depending on your convenience and the type of tools that you will need to get settled.
6. Now the workbench is ready: economical, practical and decorative!