If the garage is a dark and humid place, there are high chances of getting mold or mildew. Interested walls and elements to eliminate musty odors that permeate all the elements in your garage, including your car. If your garage has lingering odors and mold, the following guidelines in order to eliminate these unpleasant odors.
- Check that the walls or other objects that can be affected by mold or mildew. Remove all the elements away from the affected walls and corners.
- Prepare a solution by pouring 1 cup of bleach in 1 liter of cold water. Brush the walls with this solution until all mold and mold spores have been removed. Wait 10 minutes, then rinse the walls with clean water.
- Ventilate the room with fans and leave the door and windows open for at least 3 hours.
- Eliminate the musty smell from the concrete, spreading a bit ‘of chlorinated lime on it. Leave the solution overnight, then rinse the floor to remove the limestone.
- Mix 1 or 2 cups of white vinegar with water and spray the garage regularly. You can also add the essential oil to create a less pungent odor spray. Repeat this procedure when you identify a musty smell.
- Absorb unpleasant doors putting an open box of baking soda inside your garage. Replace the box monthly
Warnings and suggestions
- Protect your skin with rubber gloves when cleaning the walls with chlorine solutions.
- Lime Chlorine is toxic to people and pets, so keep them away when cleaning the garage.
How to remove mold from the garage wall
Mold usually grows in dark and damp places, such as bathrooms, garages and basements. The removal of this fungus can be difficult if not eliminate the excessive humidity in the place concerned. Use a dehumidifier to control the humidity level of the garage.
- Using bleach
Many commercial and recommended professional cleaning solutions contain bleach in mold removal. This chemical ingredient helps to remove mold because it loosens the grip of the fungus. If you want to clean a smooth wall, spray the affected area with detergent with bleach and wait a few minutes. Then brush the walls with a soft brush to remove the spores. If you have to clean a brick wall, let the cleaner longer sit down, cleaners for permission to penetrate the wall. Then scrub the wall with a brush. If you have allergies, avoid cleaning the walls with bleach or use a protective mask.
- Using vinegar
Vinegar is a very useful ingredient in cleaning mold and also friendly to the environment. Spray vinegar on the affected areas and wait a few hours before rinsing the area. The vinegar has a strong odor, which can be avoided if you ventilate the garage. In the end, rub the walls to remove mildew.
- With soap and water
Slight mold can be removed with a solution of warm water and liquid soap. Leave in the solution for several minutes, and then rub the walls with a sponge. Clean the wall until the mold is gone. void using detergent because it can cause unwanted side effects.
The best way to clean damp floor garage that have mold
The damp and dark areas are places where mold sets in a garage with the holes in the ceiling or Windows cracking is prone to mildew colonies. The good news is that mold can be completely removed, using a few simple procedures. Read the following instructions before cleaning the garage floor.
- Clear the area by eliminating all the shelves and furniture and leave the floor to dry completely. Ventilate the room and place a dehumidifier to dry the floor and prevent the mold form growing again.
- Throw away any loose material with a mop and clean the floor with a vacuum cleaner. After removing the dirt, mold and vacuum the debris.
- Fill a spray bottle with a solution of 1 part water and 1 part of a basis of household bleach. Protect your hands with gloves.
- Spray the affected area with this solution and wipe the floor to completely eliminate mold. Persistent mold may need several applications to disappear. An alternative to the brush is a push broom.
- Remove excess water with a shop vac. Wash the more than once, until it is not clean floor.
- Allow the floor, opening doors and windows.
Protect your health against allergic reactions mold with a mask and gloves.