Here are our tips on how to choose the waterproof paint for interiors, especially in the local bathroom and kitchen.
The waterproof paint is used in the most humid rooms such as the kitchen and the bathroom because its composition is not affected by condensation and therefore can not resist flaking or damaged.
Another feature is its ability to not form sediment of mold and bacteria, as it does not retain moisture, but often the presence of thermal bridges between the inside and outside door equally to the formation of the mold even if the environments are treated with this special product. How then choose the most suitable waterproof paint for painting your rooms?
How to choose the waterproof paint?
The first rule is based on the analysis of the walls and humidity.
- If the environment is revealed very humid, as it is rich of thermal bridges, in the old structure and located in a city or in a humid country, waterproof paint may not be the ideal choice for all of the walls.
- Certainly some portions of the wall should be painted but it is recommended to use a ceramic coating as possible, so to define everything with a painting from the waterproof nature. In this way you can ‘limit the damage’ and avoid as much as possible the formation of mold in the walls.
Benefits of waterproof paint then residing in its waterproof power, but it can be applied in different surfaces, such as on the plaster or on already painted walls and even on a painting based on quartz or cement surfaces usually can not be treated with other types painting. The result obtained in these cases is revealed in every case opaque, but the painting can be chosen in many color variations to give life to very pleasing results from the stylistic point of view.
The second rule for how to choose the waterproof painting lies in the amount, as is typically done one liter every 5 square meters to be painted with two coats of color.
- The waterproof coating should be diluted with the amount of water indicated in the package and prior to straighten it must scrape the wall and bring it with the appropriate tools.
- The painting must therefore be applied with brushes of various sizes and allowed to dry for at least 5 hours, at the end of which it is possible to apply the second and final hand.
- The waterproof paint then asks to be allowed to dry for at least 24 hours before occupying the room.
- The ideal temperature for its writing range from 10 degrees up to 30 degrees so the ideal preparation takes place during the spring, when it is not particularly wet or cold, even when the heat can dry out the paint before it’s dry.
All things considered the golden rule for how to choose the waterproof painting is based on the assessment that affects the spaces and also the quality of the environment.
In the case of very moist situations, it is to be preferred to other types of paint, but always in combination with coatings that are capable of supporting it in the definition of the environments.
If our guide on water-repellent paints in there seemed useful, here are other ideas for the choice of colors in the other rooms of the house: